Friday, January 15, 2010

Rad Week #2

Another fun week of rings in the Ring A Day Challenge. This week, I did three metal rings, one found item unchanged ring, two found item manipulated rings, and one that was handcrafted, but not metal. They don't go together in any kind of theme. The process is that I don't know what I'm going to do until the day that I am working on that ring. Sometimes I leave it until the last thing I do before bedtime, and sometimes I work on it for several hours. Its amazing how this project has transformed the way I look at everyday objects. In the back of my mind (and sometimes the front) I am thinking, "Can it be a ring?" about everything. I hope I don't get tired of it over the coarse of the year! Above are my rings this week. See my flickr for more photos. Here are some of my favorites from other artists last week:

No comments:

Post a Comment